This collection of work is one of the most sensitive and revealing records ever assembled of the richly historic architecture and landscapes of Dade County. " This is historic Miami at its best. " Charleton Tebeau.
Spanish Monastery-North Miami
Early Twelfth Century
photographed by John Gillan in 1992
Limited Edition-framed print from the 1994 exhibition at the Historical Museum of Southern Florida
4x5 Platinum print on 100% cotton rag paper
printed by John Gillan with
11x14 museum mount/mat, solid cherry wood frame and UV coated plexiglass
$950 each limited edition of 1
Limited Edition Portfolio
Places In Time - Platinum Print Portfolio. Contains 10 original 4x5 platinum prints. Archival white mat and museum mounted to 11" x 11". Comes in a 12" x 12" x 2" archival clamshell case. Limited edition of 5.
Black/white Giclee print on premium archival matte paper
11 x 14 $300
16 x 20 $375
20 x 24 $450
24 x 30 $525
The Spanish Monastery was originally built in Sacramenia, Segovia Province, Spain between 1133 and 1141. In 1925, William Randolph Hearst purchased the cloisters and the outbuildings to have them shipped over to his estate, San Simeon in California. The stones were packed in hay for shipment in over 11,000 wooden crates. When they reached the USA the crates were quarantined due to an outbreak of Hoof and Mouth disease in Segovia. After burning the disease infested hay the stones were not placed back in the properly identified crates and became "The Worlds Largest Jigsaw Puzzle" After Hearst's death in 1952, the cloisters were acquired from North Miami Beach by the Episcopal Diocese of South Florida in 1964.